We at Denham Green believe that physical activity not only improves health, reduces stress and improves concentration, but also promotes correct physical growth and development. Denham Green provides enjoyable experiences, where positive attitudes of sensitivity, leadership, co-operation, competition and tolerance may develop. Exercise has a positive influence on academic achievement, emotional stability and interaction with others.
Through sport and other physical activities our children will learn about their responsibilities both as individuals and members of groups and teams. They learn to cooperate and to compete fairly, understanding their own and other’s roles.
Our aim is that; through physical education we teach and develop physical competence, an appreciation of skilled and creative performances, understanding of basic principles of ‘fair play’ and improve interpersonal skills. Denham Green school will achieve the above through:
· Following a broad and balanced PE curriculum fulfilling the requirements of the National Curriculum.
· Offering swimming lessons in order to provide the opportunity for every child to be able to swim 25m and learn basic water skills.
· Developing the fitness of the individual, by ensuring a good pace in lessons and incorporating fitness activities into physical education lessons as appropriate.
· Developing programmes that meet the needs of all the children, providing equal opportunities.
· Involving the community where possible – e.g. Sports Day and clubs.
· We offer after school clubs which are run by our professional sports coaches.
· All our PE classes are run by our professional sports coach.